Cauliflower Poriyal Recipe is made available to you by the team of expert cooks at cauliflowercurry.com as an easy and delicious poriyal that is made from cauliflower with just three ingredients. The South Indian poriyal made from cauliflower is delicious and is best served alongside Sambar rasam, curd and rice. It’s the season for cauliflower in India right now. It’s a wonderful source of delicious and fresh Gobi and this poriyal recipe is one of the easy and delicious method of making it. We loved this delicious poriyal of cauliflower , with citrus rasam and Keerai masaiyal. It was delicious.
Gobi-based dishes are always popular at home. I’ve included a few easy Gobi recipes like Gobi masala and Gobi gravy Gobi Aaloo, Tawa recipes here. There are many more southern Indian Gobi-inspired recipes like rasam of cauliflower as well as cauliflower pepper fries, Gobi 65 are also included on the website. This recipe for cauliflower poriyal is a simple recipe that is eaten in Tamil homes frequently.
My Popular Recipes
Making of cauliflower poriyal is very easy since it only takes 15 to fifteen minutes. You must clean the cauliflower thoroughly after boiling it in a large amount of warm salted water for approximately 10 minutes. Rinse the cauliflower that has been cooked under running cold water before cooking the dish. I’ve used the basic spice powders to make this poriyal made of cauliflower. We like this poriyal to be more spicy. It is possible to reduce the amount of chilli powder based on the flavor. You can make this poriyal as crisp as like by cooking it on lower heat. You can enjoy this succulent cauliflower poriyal with rasam, sambar rice, or curd rice. It is also delicious in combination along with lemon rice.
If you’re in search of other poriyal recipes, ensure you look over the recipes at our site.
Serves: 3 to 4 people
Time for preparation: 10 minutes
Time to cook: 15 minutes
Time total: 25 minutes
|1 cup 250ml|
Cauliflower florets – 20 nos
Water is used to cook cauliflower
Salt – when needed
Powder of Turmeric 1/4 teaspoon
To be tempered
Cooking oil – 2 Tbsp
Mustard seeds 1/2 teaspoon
Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds 1/2 1 tsp
Large onion 1 No ( minced finely)
Ginger-garlic paste – 1/2 tsp
Few Tomato – 1 no
Red chilli powder – 1 teaspoon ( Use 1/2 tsp to get more mild taste)
Powder of Turmeric – 1/4 teaspoon
Salt is needed as
Coriander leaves – when needed
Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp ( optional, I didn’t add)
Method to Prepare Cauliflower Poriyal
- Cut the cauliflower into two pieces, then take out the florets. If the florets are too large, chop them, then reduce them to smaller size. Bring 5 cups of water to a boil, adding turmeric powder as well as a bit of salt. When the water starts to boil, switch off heat. Mix the cauliflower florets in, and allow them to rest for 5 to 10 minutes. After that, rinse the excess water and then rinse the cauliflower that is boiling. Set aside.
- Warm an oil pot, then, sprinkle mustard seeds. Add urad Dal and cumin seeds. Then, in the same pot include finely chopped onion, ginger garlic paste, as well as curry leaves.
- Add chopped tomatoes, and cook until mushy(It isn’t visible in the picture) Add salt and turmeric powder, as well as chili powder. Mix for a couple of minutes.
- Put in the florets of cauliflower that have been cooked as well as about 1/4-1/2 cup water. Mix well, and let it simmer on the stove. Then cover the pot and simmer for about 5-10 mins until the cauliflower is tender and cooked.
- Examine the flavor, and then add salt or chilli powder if necessary.
- Finely chop coriander leaves. Serve with rice, rasam or Sambar.
- The quantity of chilli powder is based on your preferences.
- It is also possible to mix garam masala powder along with the chilli powder in order to provide it with a more spicy taste. It is also possible to serve this dish with chapati if you like.
- Tomato gives a subtle tang to poriyal. So do not skip it. If you don’t have tomatoes, it’s an option to include lemon juice after shutting off the stove.
Enjoy this easy and delicious cauliflower poriyal and relish the wonderful flavor !