This Fried Cauliflower recipe has become a favorite of the families and is one of the best ways to enjoy cauliflower! The bite-sized florets are an excellent snack for children or as a side dish for vegetarian cauliflower.
Crispy pan-fried Cauliflower
This recipe for cauliflower is in our family for generations and I am thrilled to give it to you!
This recipe is easy and delicious. If you are a fan of cauliflower, this recipe is a must. The cauliflower’s flavor is apparent because it is not covered in a thick batter. A light fine sprinkle of flour.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook for: 5 minutes
Total Time Taken: 20 minutes
Servings: 4 persons
|Nutrient Facts (per serving)|
(Nutrition data is calculated by using an ingredient database, and should be taken as an estimation.)
Recipe of Fried Cauliflower
Cauliflower has seen a bit of an increase in popularity in recent years and is now the fav of some celebrity chefs. The fact that cauliflower is an extremely low-carb food that is a wonderful alternative to rice and potato and an essential ingredient for vegetarians has elevated this cruciferous veggie to the status of a superfood. Its ability to be extremely adaptable has been a reason for it to be a popular ingredient to cook with.
This delicious recipe is directly from the top cooks of India by cauliflowercurry.com. The cauliflower is cooked in paprika, then spiced up serving it with a delicious salsa verde. Fried cauliflower is a great appetizer to accompany more substantial meals, it is a delicious side dish and , when paired with it’s salsa verde is makes an excellent vegetarian main dish.
To make the Cauliflower:
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- Vegetable oil, to fry
- 3 tablespoons of (chickpea flour) (chickpea flour)
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
For Salsa Verde:
- 1/2 cup leaves of parsley, lightly packed
- Six large mint sprigs
- Half cup leaves of basil light packed
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons capers and rinsed
- Six tablespoons of olive oil
- Two tablespoons fresh squeezed juice of a lemon
- Sea salt To taste
- Freshly crushed black pepper to taste
How to Prepare It
Make the Cauliflower
Collect the ingredients.
Remove the green leaf.
Cut the cauliflower into pieces so each piece has only a few bites.
Place the florets in boiling salted water and then blanch for a short time. The florets must be firm, and not overcooked.
Cleanse thoroughly, then dry with a paper towel.
Create the Salsa Verde.
Gather the necessary ingredients.
Chop the herbs in a fine manner (but not so fine that they resemble leaf tea).
Incorporate mustard, garlic, and capers.
Pour the olive oil in slowly, beating it continuously using a fork.
Incorporate the juice of a lemon and then add sea salt along with black pepper. Use a generous amount of spice, and taste at each step. It should have a fresh flavorful and piquant.
Fry the Cauliflower
Collect the ingredients.
A few inches of oil in a deep skillet until it is hot.
A bowl is used to mix the cauliflower in the bowl with the flour of gram along with a pinch of salt as well as the spice paprika.
Once the cauliflower has been coated, add it to the oil, and fry until it is crisp, about 3-4 minutes.
Then, drain on a paper towel.
Serve hot with salsa verde and take a bite to.
- This recipe can be used to feed 2 people for a main meal or 4 servings as an accompaniment and is simple to increase the amount should you need to.
- The ideal temperature for oil for frying is 350 – 350 F and should be controlled using a cooking thermometer. If you do not have one, put the handle of a wooden spoon into the oil. When there are bubbles surrounding the handle, and they rise to the top then the oil is ready.
- The most suitable oil to fry is canola oil. It has an extremely high smoke point as well as a neutral flavor and is a bargain.
Variations on the Recipe Preparation
- Use a bit of curry powder instead of pepper if you like.
- Add a dash of cayenne pepper to add some spice.
- If you’re making salsa verde, it’s possible to alter the herbs you use according to your preference, but it’s always best to have some basil the mix.
- Create the Italian salsa verde, instead, that includes anchovies.
What do you require to make this recipe
You can tell it’s a very easy recipe. The most important things you’ll need is the large soup pot or soup pot for cooking the cauliflower, as well as an huge nonstick skillet to cook the cauliflower.
I like cooking of the cauliflower using two skillets at one time It reduces cooking time!
The best ways to serve pan-fried cauliflower:
This cauliflower is delicious fresh. It is crisp tender, warm and delicious. You can dip it in your preferred dressing like Ranch. Ranch is a great choice. Try the recipe with Lemony Zesty yogurt Dip in my previous cauliflower dish. It can be served as a side dish for vegetables for dinner with your favourite fish or chicken recipe.
There were times when I have sat down took a half-cup of cauliflower to eat dinner. It is amazing when you’ve begun, you’ll want to stop.
It’s actually an extremely balanced meal. The cauliflower, eggs and flour combine to make an excellent, well-rounded snack.
Since the cauliflower is pan-fried and not deep-fried It isn’t packed with fat. It’s a fantastic snack for kids or toddlers since it encourages the kids to eat a lot of vegetables at one time.
Crispy Pan-fried Cauliflower Florets
Recipe for Crispy Pan-fried Cauliflower Flowers is a household recipe that is a favorite and among the best ways to enjoy cauliflower! The florets are bite-sized and make an excellent snack or as a side dish.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 mins
Total Time Taken: 35 mins
Course: Dinner, Side Dish, Snack
Food: American, Russian
Servings: 4 servings
Cook Mode: Keep your screen from turning in darkness
- 1 small cauliflower
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk (any kind I used 1 percent)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Half teaspoon crushed pepper
- Optional: small amount of powdered cayenne pepper or chipotle pepper
- 1 – 2 cups olive oil
- Steam or boil the entire cauliflower (do not break it into florets until you are ready) to your desired degree of doneness. I like my cauliflower fork-tender. Boil it for 7 to 10 minutes. Rinse with cold water, then allow to cool. Cut your cauliflower in florets and cut the larger florets into half.
- Create two small containers to store the batter. In one container, whisk together the milk and eggs. In the second one, mix all the ingredients: flour, salt as well as black pepper. If you’d like to spice, you can add the addition of a pinch of cayenne powder or chipotle powder.
- Then, dip the cauliflower pieces in eggs (really mix it up inside) and then dip it in the flour mixture and make sure to cover each side with a light coating of flour. Put aside until you are it is time to cook.
- Pan cook the cauliflower battered in small batches cook about 2 to 4 tablespoons of olive oil to a pan and ensure that the oil coats evenly on in the base of the pan. There may be more or less oil according to the size of the pan. Place the cauliflower flat-side down in the oil that is hot (if there’s flat sides) and cook without stirring them for around 3 minutes at least until the bottom has an attractive golden brown. I was able to cook 8-10 pieces from a large pan at a time , without overloading with cauliflower.
- Utilize tools to flip over each cauliflower piece then cook till the second side is well-browned. There are a lot of cauliflower pieces that not flat on all sides and therefore, you should cook each floret for 3 sides at the minimum. The heat from the skillet will cook the delicious, delicious batter within the cauliflower’s floret.
- Cook the cauliflower florets on a towel while you cook. Serve warm and dip in the Greek Yogurt Sauce (see notes)
Crispy Flaky Pan-Fried Cauliflower
The florets of cauliflower are best eaten hot and fresh. If you’ve got any left to eat, it’s best to warm the florets in the oven (about 10 minutes at 350F) to ensure they can crisp again and don’t become mushy by heating them in the microwave.Serve this dish with ease Greek Yogurt Sauce !
Crispy pan-fried Cauliflower Florets
Amount Per Serving
Fat – 2g3%
Saturated Fat – 1g5%
Cholesterol – 83mg28%
Sodium – 329mg14%
Potassium – 83mg2%
Carbohydrates – 24g8%
Protein – 6g12%
Vitamin A – 145IU3%
Calcium – 34mg3%
Iron – 1.8mg10%
Note:- The nutritional information provided in this article is merely an estimate, and is not intended to be used as nutritional or dietary advice. You should consult a nutritionist to get precise nutritional information on the basis of the exact ingredients you are using.